You know what they say. It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays fill us with excitement, anticipation and wonder. This season is a time rushing and bustling, but it is also a time to pause, give thanks and spend quality time with those we love most. So many tasks vie for top priority during these busy weeks, but let’s keep our eye health in mind. After all, what would the holidays be without the ability to see the faces of beloved family and friends?
Amidst the shopping, baking, gift exchanges, concerts and parties, set aside one hour to have a comprehensive eye exam. A complete examination of your eyes will help keep your vision clear and prevent eye disease. Certain eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration can develop slowly and painlessly over the years. Putting off an eye examination or two may seem harmless if you are not experiencing symptoms, but neglecting a check-up could mean irreversible vision loss.
In the span of a single eye appointment, your ophthalmologist can administer the following tests:
- Visual acuity to evaluate the clarity of your vision.
- Visual field test to assess your peripheral vision.
- Retinoscopy and autorefractor for your eyeglass prescription.
- Tonometry (glaucoma test) to measure your inner eye pressure.
- Slit lamp exam to detect eye diseases and disorders.
- Examination of the optic nerve, retina and blood vessels.
- Cover test to identify strabismus (crossed eyes) or binocular vision.
Call today and schedule your appointment with Dr. Barr. After all, you want to see the beauty of the Holiday season right? Click here to contact us today!